What is it?
The Cinahl database is the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature. It is a key database allowing you to search across a range of nursing and allied health focused publications, so that you can find articles for your search.
We provide access to the Cinahl database via 2 routes:
- Ebsco databases – for Keele staff and students
- HDAS databases – for NHS staff
- Perform simple and advanced searching
- Use thesaurus searching
- Save searches
- Export results
- Access some full-text articles
How can it help you?
The Cinahl database allows you to search a wide range of nursing and allied health focused publications, to find the research you need for your assignments, dissertations and research.
How to access it?
Cinahl is available on the Internet via the Ebsco databases, to both our Keele and NHS users.
You will need to log on:
- Keele staff and students should use the Cinahl link on their subject page and log on with their Keele computer log in details.
- NHS staff should log in to the HDAS database using their NHS Athens username and then select the Cinahl database to search.
We have created a video showing Keele students how to log on to Cinahl from the Health Library website.
Try our Using Cinahl etutorial to get started using the Ebsco Cinahl database. This includes short video demonstrations from ebsco of how to use Cinahl.
For more help check our online guides section: